The first thing I noticed when I took the New Balance SuperComp Elite v6 out for a track workout was how nicely it balanced bounce with stiffness.

New Balance SuperComp Elite ReviewI did an 8 x 1K at 5K pace workout, and the shoe felt light, responsive, and fast without the overly aggressive feel I often notice in a carbon-plated racing shoe. I’ve tested a lot of super shoes over the years, and I tend to gravitate toward shoes that provide plenty of energy return without forcing me into a certain stride.

I’ve put about 17 miles on the SC Elite v6, one track workout and one long run workout. During these workouts, I tested the shoe at a variety of paces from around 8:00/mile recovery pace to marathon pace (6:30/mile) and down to 5K pace (5:45/mile).

The SC Elite v6 feels light and responsive enough for shorter races, but it is comfortable enough that I could see it being a great marathon racing shoe.

So far, I would consider racing a marathon in the SC Elite v6, but I think its sweet spot for me personally might be the half marathon and down to the 5K. The one major concern for me is whether something this light can provide enough stability and protection for the late miles of a marathon.

Our Verdict

96%

The New Balance SuperComp Elite v6 is a lightweight, bouncy, and responsive shoe that feels natural underfoot. It delivers the energy return I want from a super shoe without the aggressive propulsion. For runners looking for a carbon-plated racer that can handle anything from the 5K through the marathon, the SC Elite v6 is absolutely worth considering.

Who Is It Good For?

Who is the New Balance SuperComp Elite v6 a good fit for? Let’s break it down with some common categories:
  • Wide Feet: The standard width felt fairly narrow through the midsole and toe box on my foot. It wasn’t bothersome for me, but runners with wider feet may want to consider the wide version.
  • Heavier Runners: There is decent cushioning underfoot, but the lightweight build of the shoe and slightly less stable platform may not work for heavier runners. I would recommend testing this shoe on long runs before committing to it as your marathon race day shoe.
  • Long Runs: Yes, if your long run includes a workout or a quality session. I wouldn’t wear it for every long run and certainly would not wear it for an easy long run.
  • Front of the Pack: Absolutely! It thrives at faster paces and felt so light during 5K-pace intervals.
Buy New Balance SuperComp Elite v6

The SC Elite v6 is great for runners who want a snappy, lightweight carbon-plated shoe with enough cushioning for longer races/workouts. It would also be great for runners who want the benefits of a super shoe without the more dramatic propulsion of a shoe like the Nike Alphafly.

New Balance SuperComp Elite v6 Overview

After testing the SC Elite v6 in both a track workout and a road long run workout, I continue to enjoy the ride of the shoe.

New Balance SuperComp Elite Overview Once I picked up the pace, I really started to notice what the SC Elite v6 does well. There’s excellent energy return, but I didn’t really notice the carbon plate itself.

The shoe is a bit firm, but it didn’t feel like a stiff plate was pushing me forward or forcing my foot through a specific motion. The entire shoe felt springy and smooth.

One of the biggest surprises was just how light it felt on my feet.

It feels like part of your foot once you start running fast. The other thing I appreciated was that it didn’t feel as unstable as some high-stack super shoes I’ve worn.

New Balance SuperComp Elite 6 OutsoleIt was a little wobbly during slower running, which is not unusual for a racing shoe, but once I was moving at marathon pace and faster, it provided the right amount of stability for my neutral foot strike.

I can’t speak to durability yet; I need some longer runs before I can say how it feels as the long hard efforts progress.

New Balance SuperComp Elite v6 Specifications

  • Brand: New Balance
  • Usage: Carbon Plated
  • Previous Model: SuperComp Elite v5
  • Weight: 7 oz Men’s / 5.4 oz Women’s
  • Stack Height: 40 mm heel / 32 mm forefoot
  • Heel Drop: 8 mm
  • Available in: 2 different colorways
  • Available in: standard and wide
  • Available on newbalance.com for $274.99 on September 7, 2026
Buy New Balance SuperComp Elite v6

The SC Elite v6 uses New Balance’s Infinion foam along with a carbon-fiber plate that is designed to provide the energy return and propulsion expected from a race-day super shoe.

I tested the gray and lime-green colorway, and I love the look. It’s relatively subtle compared with some racing shoes, but the lime green adds enough of a pop to make it feel like a race-day shoe. The see-through mesh upper also matches the overall personality of the shoe. It looks light, and once you put it on, it feels even lighter.

Quick Take

Pros

  • Extremely lightweight
  • Bouncy & responsive with excellent energy return
  • Fast without feeling overly aggressive

Cons

  • Could use a little more stability for the later miles of a marathon
  • Toe box may feel narrow for runners with wider feet
  • Non-gusseted tongue can fold over when putting the shoe on

New Balance SuperComp Elite v6 Fit

Length: True to size
Width: Slightly narrow
Toe Box: Slightly narrow
Arch: Medium
Volume: Medium

I wore a women’s size 8.5 in the New Balance SC Elite v6, which is my normal running-shoe size, and the length felt true to size.

New Balance SuperComp Elite 6 InstepThe toe box is a little narrow. It wasn’t enough to bother me during my workout, and I didn’t experience rubbing, hot spots, or blisters, but it is something I would pay attention to if you have a wider forefoot. Fortunately, the SC Elite v6 is also offered in a wide version. Through the midfoot, the shoe felt secure.

There’s some noticeable arch support, but I wouldn’t describe it as having a particularly high or intrusive arch.

My foot sat comfortably in the shoe without any pressure points. I especially liked the fit around the heel. The heel cups my foot nicely and keeps it secure without requiring me to overtighten the laces.

The upper is made from an extremely lightweight, breathable, see-through mesh. There isn’t a lot of unnecessary padding or structure, which helps keep the overall weight down.

New Balance SuperComp Elite 6 LacesThe tongue follows that same minimal approach. It’s very thin and lightweight, and the laces are also thin. I didn’t notice anything particularly good or bad about the laces during my run, which is usually a good thing.

My one complaint is that the tongue can easily fold over when you’re putting the shoe on because it isn’t gusseted. It’s a small issue and easy enough to fix before you start running, but I would prefer a gusseted tongue that stays in place.

New Balance SuperComp Elite v6

I’ve said it already, but bouncy but firm is truly the best way I can describe the SC Elite v6.

It has the spring and energy return I want from a super shoe without feeling overly soft.

During my 1K repeats, I felt like I could push into the shoe and immediately get that energy back.

new Balance SuoerComp Elite 6 CushionI didn’t really notice the carbon plate itself. I noticed the responsiveness, spring, and smooth transition, but I never felt like I was running on an overly stiff shoe.  The smooth ride of the SC Elite v6 felt more natural than some of the other carbon racers I’ve worn.

I also liked its versatility across paces. While I certainly wouldn’t buy this shoe to run recovery runs, it didn’t feel terrible when I slowed down between intervals. Some super shoes feel awkward as soon as you back off the pace, and that wasn’t the case here. However, it’s still a carbon-plated racing shoe and not a stable daily trainer.

Runners who are pronounced heel strikers may notice this more because the rear of the shoe doesn’t feel quite as stable.

I would feel comfortable using it for a long run with race-pace work, but I wouldn’t use it for every long run. This is a shoe I’d save for specific workouts and race day.

New Balance SuperComp Elite v5 vs v6

The SuperComp Elite v6 builds on the lightweight, race-focused design of the v5, but the two shoes have noticeably different personalities.

The v5 was a more aggressive racing shoe, with a stiffer carbon plate, narrower platform, and a leaner feel that prioritized speed and responsiveness. The v6 still delivers plenty of energy return, but the ride feels smoother and more natural underfoot.

The biggest differences are:

  • More natural ride: The v6 still has plenty of bounce and responsiveness, but it feels less aggressive than the v5.
  • Similar lightweight focus: Both shoes prioritize keeping weight down, with the v6 weighing just 7 oz in the men’s version.
  • More versatile feel: The v6 feels comfortable across a wider range of paces, while the v5 is more clearly focused on faster running and racing.
  • Fit: Both shoes have a relatively narrow fit, although the v6 is also available in a wide version for runners who need more room.
  • Carbon plate: The v5’s stiffer plate gives it a more aggressive, propulsive feel. The v6’s plate is less noticeable during the run, contributing to its smoother and more natural ride.

If you want a more aggressive racing shoe that puts a greater emphasis on speed and responsiveness, the v5 may still be the better choice. If you want the energy return of a super shoe but prefer a smoother ride that doesn’t feel like it is dictating your stride, I’d choose the v6.

Similar Shoes to the New Balance SuperComp Elite v6

Our team has tested a wide variety of carbon-plated shoes; here are the ones we find most similar in this category:

  • Nike Vaporfly 4 – The Vaporfly is probably the closest comparison for me in terms of the lightweight, fast, and snappy feeling. Runners who like the lightness of the Vaporfly may also enjoy the SC Elite v6.
  • Saucony Endorphin Pro 4 – The Endorphin Pro 4 feels more stable to me, which gives it an advantage when I start thinking specifically about the later miles of a marathon. However, it doesn’t feel quite as snappy. The SC Elite v6 is lighter and has more pop.
  • Nike Alphafly 3The SC Elite v6 feels more comfortable and natural to me than the Alphafly 3. The Alphafly has a much more dramatic feel underfoot, while the SC Elite lets me settle into my normal stride more easily.
Buy New Balance SuperComp Elite v6
What to read next?

The post New Balance SuperComp Elite v6 Review | Bouncy, Lightweight, and Race Ready appeared first on RunToTheFinish.



from RunToTheFinish https://ift.tt/HqawBrC