Diadora has launched its most anticipated running sneaker of the year: the Corsa. With over 80 years in the footwear space and over 50 years specifically in the running sneaker space, Diadora has been perfecting its craft with each line.

The Corsa delivers as their most advanced lightweight trainer yet.

Diadora Corsa Review

If you have not yet discovered Diadora and what they are about, I hope the Corsa is your gateway shoe.

Diadora is a well-known name across the world, and for good reason. From their sport-specific lines (running, tennis, soccer, etc.) to their heritage lifestyle lines, their sneakers are made with both performance and style in mind.

In terms of the Corsa specifically, as a lover of all things retro-looking, I could not have been more excited to get these shoes in my hands and on my feet.

Diadora Corsa In Hand

They not only make you feel fast on the track, but they make you look so cool as you move about your day. It is the perfect sneaker to hit the paces at the track with a few friends while transitioning effortlessly to a post-run coffee and sweet treat.

Our Verdict

90%

The Diadora Corsa blends retro style with modern performance, delivering a lightweight, cushioned ride that can handle everything from easy miles to speed workouts.

It’s a versatile, stable trainer with plenty of bounce and a standout choice for runners who want their shoes to look as good as they feel.

Diadora Corsa Side View

Who Is It Good For?

Who is the Diadora Corsa a good fit for? Let’s break it down with some common categories:
  • Wide Feet: The Corsa is not available in a wide width, and although it is made with a wider last (sneaker mold) than their other sneaker lines, it still feels a bit narrow in the midfoot.
  • Heavier Runners: Yes, the supercritical EVA foam is infused with nitrogen, can absorb heavier loads without bottoming out, and can last a long time.
  • Long Runs: Absolutely, the wider base paired with the higher stack height will give you a comfortable, stable ride for many miles.
  • Front of the Pack: No, but this is a great option for picking up the pace in training runs.
Buy Diadora Corsa

This shoe is great for any kind of training run you want to take it through the paces on. Your long runs will feel smooth and comfortable, while your intervals will feel light and controlled.

If you are looking for one sneaker that can do it all, while also looking super stylish, then you should try the Diadora Corsa.

Diadora Corsa Overview

Diadora really took their running sneakers to a new level with the Corsa. Don’t let the old-school aesthetic fool you – these sneakers have some serious technology in them.

Diadora Corsa Foam

Equipped with ANIMA N2 foam, a durable Special Duratech D2500 compound outsole, and a new, wider last (plus the use of a women’s last!), the Corsa checks all of the boxes needed for your next new trainer.

The curb appeal of the Diadora Corsa is one of my favorite things about them.

I could see the envy in my husband’s eyes when I initially put them on. I first wore them to Track Tuesdays with a few friends for some 1K repeats. I felt the energy return immediately.

The transition from warm-up to workout felt effortless, and the turnover felt so smooth. I’m not saying they are the reason my intervals were 15+ sec faster than the recommended pace, but I’m not saying that, either.

Diadora Corsa Wearing Shoes

I also took the Corsa out on easy runs around my neighborhood, interval runs on the road, some strides, some longer miles, and even in the rain. They performed across the board, and I find myself reaching for these more and more in my rotation.

And at $155, this versatile sneaker delivers a lot of function for the price.

The Diadora Corsa Specifications

  • Brand: Diadora
  • Usage: Daily Trainer
  • Previous Model: None
  • Weight: 8.11 oz men’s, 6.7 oz women’s
  • Stack Height: 39 mm
  • Heel Drop: 8 mm
  • Colors: 1 color available
  • Not available in wide
  • Available on Diadora.com for $155
Buy Diadora Corsa

Diadora is known for its retro styles across the board, especially in its Heritage lines, but it’s rare that you see a high-performance running sneaker with that look.

I’m not one to wear my running sneakers out and about, but I have found myself grabbing these when I’m in athleisure wear (which is always) to run errands and to appointments. They are so multifaceted.

Diadora Corsa Outsole

I am disappointed that they don’t offer more colors on their website. However, I did notice two additional colorways in pictures on social media, even if they do not seem available (yet?) on their website.

Their sneaker lines typically do have multiple color options, so I’m hopeful they’ll add more in the future. 

Quick Take

Pros

  • Retro aesthetic
  • Incredibly light and can pick up pace easily
  • Bouncy return without feeling unstable

Cons

  • Only available in 1 color
  • Not available in wide
  • Can feel narrow for some

Diadora Corsa Fit

Length: True to size
Width: Medium, with a narrower midfoot
Toe Box: Roomy
Arch: Medium
Volume: Medium, with more room in the forefoot than midfoot

One thing I really appreciate that Diadora did with their Corsa is that they used a true women’s last (shoe mold) on the women’s sneaker, which includes a narrower heel and specialized arch proportions.

Diadora Corsa Heel

Not only does the fit feel better, but I noticed no heel slippage when picking up the pace on my track workouts.

When I first put these on, I did notice that the midfoot felt a bit narrow, especially in contrast to its spacious toe box. But once I got some miles in them, I found the midfoot area felt more like a comfortable, secure hug.

The new last (sneaker mold) was specifically designed to have a wider toe box, and my toes appreciated it as I took these on longer miles.

The tongue sits at a good length, is not rigid (it’s actually surprisingly soft), and has a small amount of padding throughout.

Diadora Corsa Tongue

It did exactly what it should do without feeling overwhelming or crowded.

I don’t think heel locking is necessary in these, but it is a personal preference of mine, and the laces had plenty of room to allow me to do that.

Diadora Corsa Feel

My initial feeling when taking the Corsa out of the box was how incredibly light they were. And my initial feeling when putting the Corsa on was how incredibly cushioned they felt.

You can feel (and see!) the cushioning absorb with each step, and I was excited to see that it translated well once I was off and running.

Diadora Corsa Cushion

The 8mm drop with the built-in rocker hits that sweet spot to give you enough for good turnover without the use of a plate, while also protecting your calves and Achilles tendon on harder efforts.

The advanced ANIMA N2 cushioning (a nitrogen-infused EVA supercritical-foamed compound) offers a 72% boost in reactivity and will hold up well over time.

My intervals felt reactive and even a bit bouncy, while the broad platform kept things feeling very stable and controlled. As a moderate heel striker, I really enjoyed the combination of these things. 

I’ve been running a lot of miles in the new Rykä Windswift LX, as it is made for a woman’s foot and is also a do-it-all kind of trainer. But ever since I got the Diadora Corsa, I have been reaching for these more, as they are also made on a women’s specific last, and the energy return feels much more apparent in the Corsa.

Similar Shoes to The Diadora Corsa

Our team has tested a wide variety of running shoes; here are the ones we find most similar in this category:

  • Adidas Adizero EVO SL – Similar form, function, and price.
  • Puma Deviate Pure Nitro – Also utilizes nitrogen-infused foam for that lightweight energy return, also runs a bit narrow, and has a similar price point.
  • Rykä Windswift LX – (Women only) – Women-specific design, also made to be a lightweight do-it-all trainer
Buy Diadora Corsa

In all honesty, I was not familiar with the Diadora brand prior to reviewing the Corsa, but I always welcome the opportunity to have a brand new-to-me sneaker company impress me! And these really did impress me.

I wear them at least 1-2x a week, on both workout and easy runs alike.

If you’re looking for a versatile trainer that looks different from any other performance sneaker on the market, I’d say absolutely check out the Corsa.

What to read next?

The post Diadora Corsa Review: Retro Style Meets Modern Performance appeared first on RunToTheFinish.



from RunToTheFinish https://ift.tt/iXTtNm1