If you’ve got limited space, live in an apartment, or want a space-saving way to add steps to your daily routine, the Merach UltraWalk W60 Plus walking pad might be a solid solution for you.merach ultrawalkWe’ve tested tons of larger, more function-heavy treadmills over the years, so I won’t pretend this walking pad is the same as a fully-loaded NordicTrack or my beloved Peloton Tread.And with a max speed of 4.0MPH you probably knew that already!

The Merach doesn’t feature a heavy base or large screen for longer, more intense workouts. That being said, this walking pad checks a lot of boxes when, often times, the big, expensive treadmills aren’t what you really need.

If you’re looking for a smaller, space-saving option for walks, if you want to add additional indoor walking miles into your routine, or if you want to try out a walking desk in your work from home setup, the Merach UltraWalk W60 Plus could be a great fit!

Our Verdict

91%

This is a durable, quiet and heavy duty walking pad that’s really convenient for getting in your steps. The 12% incline isn’t something you see in many walking pads and it allows you to easily increase the intensity of your workouts dramatically! However without hand rails, we don’t think 12% should be used by everyone.

Who Is It Good For?

Who is going to be the right fit for the UltraWalk W60 walking pad:

  • Casual Runners: If you like to run for short bursts or walk/run at slower speeds, this might be a good option.
  • Distance Runners: Definitely not designed to be a machine you run on for hours, partially due to belt length and partially due to limitations of motor and speed.
  • Heavier Runners: Max weight capacity is 400lbs and would definitely be comfortable for walking.
  • Under Desk Walkers: 100% this is a fantastic choice if you want to walk daily.

Buy UltraWalk W60 Plus

If you’re a serious runner, I wouldn’t recommend this pad for running due to its limitations on speed. What I found it best for was daily indoor walks (especially since it’s been so hot this summer!) and adding time on my feet while training.

The pad is stable and effective, and it’s a solid cost- and space-conscious option that could fit into a lot of different spaces easily. You get a high quality machine at a terrific price point. 

Merach UltraWalk W60 Plus Overview

I’ve spent many years training on full size treadmills, but I’ve seen walking pads all over social media advertised as a great option for smaller spaces. I’ve been curious about how a walking pad could fit into my routine as a runner, so it was fun to add this into rotation.

Immediately out of the box, I was surprised that the Merach walking pad felt heavy and substantial, more like a solid piece of exercise equipment than some of the flimsy walking pads I’ve seen out there.

As I started to play around with the space in my home, I realized this pad is actually extremely sturdy yet light enough that it’s easy to move and to store when you’re not using it. 

compact ultrawalkThe pad weighs in at 67.7 lbs, which means that it’s built to withstand a heavier weight limit than a lot of its competitors while still staying light enough to be moved and stored without breaking your back. The frame feels heavy duty, as it’s made of steel and not plastic, and the high quality durability of the machine shows right out of the box.

I watched several videos on social media of users jumping up and down on this walking pad, so I decided to give it a shot myself – and I was pleasantly surprised at how sturdy and quiet the pad felt during that experiment!

There are wheels on one end of the pad so you can roll the pad around the room or to your storage location more easily. I primarily used this on a rug and on hardwood, and it was simple to move this around my space.

Motor and Deck

The Merach walking pad uses a brushless motor, which makes it stable and quiet enough to use while you’re working or in more open, usable spaces in your home. I could easily get steps in while on work calls without the motor noise disrupting. 

The rollers for the pad are also larger than other walking pads in the industry, measuring at 42mm instead of less than 40mm in other walking pads. What this means is that you feel a smooth, steady movement on the base without any shaking or loud noise disruption.

Despite being a smaller profile, this walking pad still features a wider base than others, making it spacious and comfortable to move around on.

merach ultrawalk review

Unlike some walking pads, the Merach doesn’t feature a hand bar to give you added stability at higher inclines. I didn’t mind the lack of this feature, but some walkers or runners might feel less steady without it at faster speeds with higher incline.

The remote that comes with the pad took me a little while to get used to. The buttons don’t have words on them, so I had to play around a little to see what button did what function. Once I got it, it was pretty intuitive – I also probably could’ve been better about actually reading the manual!

ultrawalk screen

Screen Read Outs

One thing I really liked on this pad was the screen reads a lot of helpful metrics that I haven’t seen on other equipment, including my own full-function treadmill!

On the screen, you can very easily see the amount of time passed, your mileage, your speed and incline, and even the number of steps you’ve taken. I liked being able to see all of that easily right on the pad, and I hadn’t expected that without the large screen of a traditional treadmill.

After playing around, I also learned that this walking pad has mood lighting!

The lights are located on the base around the belt and can be turned on and off, can flash, or can stay steady. This was a fun bonus feature that made workouts a little more fun!

Incline

One of the unique features with the W60 is the ability to incline. It goes up to 12% which is far steeper than you might realize and it’s going to absolutely get your glutes burning! With the max speed at 4.0, the incline allows you to really continue building fitness without needing to go any faster.

It’s such a great low impact way to increase heart rate, burn more calories and engage more muscles! At 12% the core needs to really be solid since there aren’t any side rails for gripping.

I did try to jog a bit to get a feel for it, but the speed capacity was too low for more than a light jog for my running needs.

Set a title

  • Available on Amazon for $499.99 (currently on sale for $329)
  • Free shipping and 30-day Home Trial with return policy
  • Can control via a remote control
  • 4.0 MPH max speed
  • 0-12.0 incline
  • 400lb weight limit

Quick Take

Pros

  • Quiet enough for phone calls
  • Wide range of speeds
  • Feels extremely stable

Cons

  • No railings for the steepest incline might be unsteady for some
  • Might feel short for very taller people if trying to run

Is the Merach UltraWalk W60 Plus Quiet?

I set up this walking pad in my dining room so I could play around with it while my kids did schoolwork.

Much to my surprise, even walking fast on an incline, the machine itself was really quite and didn’t distract anyone else in the house. Even better, my husband said he couldn’t hear it from his home office, which doesn’t always hold true for our full-feature treadmill. 

With a solid base and quiet motor, the UltraWalk would be a great addition if you have downstairs neighbors or if you’re handling work while you’re walking. I handled several client calls while walking on the pad, and I highly doubt anyone even noticed I was getting my steps in while I was talking!

merach ultrawalk base

How Long Will It Last?

Since the machine features large rollers and a strong motor, not to mention the steel frame, I see this walking pad having a lot of durability that can keep you moving for years to come. This feels like a substantial, high quality piece of equipment.

Would I Run on a Walking Pad?

While some walking pads feature the ability to hit higher speeds closer to 5.0-7.5mph, the Merach UltraWalk is really limited based on speed alone.

For me, a middle of the pack runner, the 4.0mph max speed is closer to a very fast walk than a light jog – it was good to test it out briefly but I couldn’t have sustained that pace for a true jogging workout. The deck is wide and spacious to accommodate runners, but the length of the machine felt too short for my stride.

For reference, I’m 5’4” so my stride isn’t exactly a challenge to accommodate!

Given the durability and features of this machine, the Merach UltraWalk W60 Plus is really a terrific option, especially for the budget.

It gives you ample space for your workout while being compact and easily moved, and it’s made of high quality materials to give you effective workouts for a long time.
Buy UltraWalk W60 Plus

What to read next?

The post The Best Budget Walking Pad for Small Spaces? It Might Be This One. appeared first on RunToTheFinish.



from RunToTheFinish https://ift.tt/qzWLT4m