I’m happy to say it didn’t take long to realize KURU has figured out how to make slip-on shoes feel surprisingly secure, comfortable, and easy to wear.

Both the KURU Atom 2 Slip-On and the KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On feature KURUSOLE technology, which cradles the heel and provides targeted support, but here’s a breakdown to help you choose which one is better for you.

Kuru Quantum 2 Slip On ReviewBoth shoes are designed for everyday wear rather than running, making them especially well suited for walking, travel, errands, and days when you know you’ll be on your feet for hours.

If you’re looking for a simple way to slide in and out of your shoes… and you don’t want to sacrifice support and comfort… these may be a good fit for you.

Our Verdict

94%

The KURU Atom 2 Slip-On and KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On both gave me something I really appreciate in an everyday shoe: comfort without sacrificing security. For people who wonder if you might hate slip-on shoes: give them a chance!

For me, the biggest selling point is the combination of comfort, support, roomy toe boxes, and an incredibly convenient slip-on design.

Who Is It Good For?

Who is the KURU ATOM 2 Slip-On and the Quantum 2 Slip-On a good fit for? Let’s break it down with some common categories:
  • Walking workouts: Great for casual, everyday movement or relaxed long walks. I wouldn’t reach for these on an intense workout day.
  • Wide feet: Maybe not. Both come in medium width only.
  • Standing all day: Yes. They should hold up well!  I walked for miles in both pairs of slip-on shoes on multiple family walks and outings, and my feet never felt sore or tired afterward. They offer good support and comfort.
  • Everyday Wear: Yes. A comfortable option for everyday activities like errands, travel, time at the office, or neighborhood walks. Depending on your style preferences, the Atom 2 Slip-On shoes might be a bit more polished and fashion-flexible than the Quantum 2 Slip-On shoes.
Buy KURU Atom 2 Slip-On
Buy KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On

Would I use these on travel days? Absolutely. You’ll find that time on your feet in these shoes is pretty doggone comfortable! I feel like these would be fantastic airport shoes and ‘on the go’ shoes. I would wear either of them on trips and for long sightseeing outings.

KURU Atom 2 Slip-On & KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On Overview

These two shoes both made a really good first impression on me. I loved how easy they were to slip on and off, and most of the time I didn’t even have to bend down to adjust them.

When I did want to make a tiny adjustment, the pull tabs on the shoes made that simple. Both the top of the shoes and the heel of the shoes have easy-to-pull tabs for quick, minor adjustment needs.

Kuru Atom 2 Slip On ReviewWhat surprised me most was how secure both shoes felt. I expected that a slip-on might feel loose or unstable, especially when walking quickly or changing direction.

I tested both shoes on family walks, casual outings, and even while playing frisbee. I walked several miles in them at a time, and my feet never felt sore or tired.

These aren’t shoes I would describe as max cushion or overly soft, but I actually liked that. They have enough cushioning to feel very comfortable without becoming so squishy that I felt unstable.

My biggest takeaway from wearing both shoes was that they felt secure and supportive without feeling restrictive.

KURU Atom 2 Slip-On Specifications

  • Weight: 11 oz
  • Stack Height: 28 mm
  • Heel Drop: 10 mm
  • Colors: JetBlack-DarkCoral or DoveGray-Gum
  • Width: Medium Only
  • Available For $149 On: kurufootwear.com

Buy KURU Atom 2 Slip-On

KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On Specifications

  • Weight: 11.4 oz
  • Stack Height: (NOTE: I couldn’t find an official listing of the stack height for the Quantum 2 Slip-On shoe — just the heel drop. Should I keep on hunting?)
  • Heel Drop: 8.5 mm
  • Colors: LeadGray-PinkSorbet & JetBlack-PurpleHaze
  • Width: Medium Only
  • Available For $149 On: kurufootwear.com

Buy KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On

Both shoes use KURU’s KURUSOLE technology and KURUCLOUD cushioning. The Quantum 2 Slip-On has a slightly more substantial feel, while the Atom 2 Slip-On feels a little more flexible and more like a cozy hug around my foot.

I see myself reaching for the Atom 2 Slip-On more often than the Quantum 2 Slip-On, mostly because of its slightly more streamlined look and design mesh. Kuru Quantum 2 Slip On OverviewOf the two, I prefer the look of the white Atom 2 Slip-On. It looks sleeker and feels a little less bulky on my foot. The overall design is clean and easy to wear with casual clothes, and the white color gives it a lighter, cleaner look.

That said, I also really like the gray and pink combination of the Quantum 2 Slip-On. The colors work well with lots of wardrobe choices. The Quantum 2 Slip-On does look and feel a little more substantial than the Atom 2, but not to an extreme degree.

Quick Take: KURU Atom 2 Slip-On

Pros

  • Roomy toebox
  • More streamlined look
  • Secure fit, no heel slip
  • Lightweight

Cons

  • Runs small
  • Medium width only
  • Not for intense workouts

Quick Take: KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On

Pros

  • Extra roomy toe box
  • Secure fit
  • More support and padding
  • Good arch support

Cons

  • Runs small
  • Medium width only
  • Slightly bulkier, warmer

KURU Atom 2 Slip-On & KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On Fit

Fit was one of my favorite things about both shoes. The fit was spot on. I normally wear an 8.5 in my running shoes, but slightly smaller in some casual or walking shoes. But KURU recommends going up half a size in both shoes because they run small. So I tested my usual running shoe size of 8.5, and I felt like that was perfect.

Kuru Atom 2 Slip On WearThe toe boxes on both shoes were excellent. I love having room for my toes, and neither shoe made me feel like my toes were being squeezed together. And neither shoe had so much space up front that my toes were sliding around without structure.

I know the Quantum 2 Slip-On is particularly known for its roomy toe box, but I thought the Atom 2 Slip-On offered a very comfortable amount of space as well.

I would describe both shoes as having nice, comfy toe boxes. 10/10 for each of them there.

The biggest surprise was how securely my feet stayed in place. My feet never slid around inside either shoe, and my heel never slipped. The shoes somehow managed to stay wrapped around my foot without feeling tight or restrictive.

The positioning of the heel collar is also really good. I noticed the back of the collar slightly more than the sides, but it was never uncomfortable. The sides seemed to disappear around my foot, which is exactly what I want from a shoe.

Kuru Quantum 2 Slip On WearThe “slip-on test”: they passed. I could walk to the front door, slide my feet into them, and just go! Most of the time I didn’t even need to lean down to adjust anything. And when I did want to make a tiny adjustment, the pull tabs on the top and back made it incredibly easy.

KURU Atom 2 Slip-On & KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On Feel

The Atom 2 Slip-On and Quantum 2 Slip-On have somewhat different personalities, even though they share the same overall design aesthetic of an easy-to-put-on, supportive slip-on.

Kuru Atom 2 Slip On OverviewThe Atom 2 Slip-On upper material feels softer, more flexible, and the overall shoe is a little lighter on my foot. The stretchy upper gives it a cozy, almost sock-like feeling, and I really liked how easily it moved with my foot.

The cushioning is moderate rather than super plush, which made it comfortable without feeling unstable. I also noticed some nice arch support. My feet stayed somewhat cooler, temperature-wise, in the lighter-weight, white Atom 2 Slip-On vs. the Quantum 2 Slip-On.

The Quantum 2 Slip-On feels a little more substantial. The fabric is thicker, puffier, and padded. The shoe feels slightly bulkier, and the arch support is a bit more obvious.

Kuru Quantum 2 Slip On CushionBoth shoes have a really nice balance between cushioning and stability. I was expecting a shoe without laces to potentially feel loose or unstable, but that never happened.

Even when walking quickly or playing frisbee, my feet stayed where they belonged. Toes in place. Arches in place. Heels in place. Ankles in place.

I could definitely feel nice underfoot arch support in both shoes. My feet felt cradled and well taken care of! Strong support, yet both the Atom 2 Slip-On and the Quantum 2 Slip-On had a nice, moderate amount of cushioning.

Both shoes also had excellent outsole grip and traction on multiple surfaces.

I also appreciated that the shoes didn’t feel like they were going to fall off just because they were slip-ons. The Atom 2 Slip-On and Quantum 2 Slip-On both stayed securely wrapped around my heels and didn’t bend open or gape with each step.

KURU Atom 2 Slip-On vs KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On

Honestly, I think it comes down to what you want from your everyday shoe. Maybe even something as simple as your favorite colors?

Kuru Slip on OutsoleThe Atom 2 Slip-On is my pick if you want something that feels a little sleeker, softer, cooler temperature-wise, and more flexible. This shoe might feel just a little bit more nimble than the Quantum 2 Slip-On, with somewhat smoother walking transitions. It has a cozy, sock-like feel and subtle arch support, and I really liked how lightweight and easy it felt on my feet. It’s a smidge less heavy than the Quantum 2 Slip-On.

The Quantum 2 Slip-On is the better choice if you want a more substantial shoe with a bit more underfoot support and a dash more padding around the ankle collar. It feels a little more structured and supportive while still giving you plenty of room in the toe box.

I wouldn’t say one is better than the other. They’re just slightly different takes on the same basic idea, and I can see myself reaching for each one on different days.

Similar Shoes to the KURU Slip-Ons

Our team has tested a lot of walking shoes; here are the ones we find most similar in this category:

Buy KURU Atom 2 Slip-On
Buy KURU Quantum 2 Slip-On
What to read next?

The post KURU Atom 2 vs Quantum 2: Which is better for you? appeared first on RunToTheFinish.



from RunToTheFinish https://ift.tt/S2b4vIU