If you’ve been following along for a while, you’ve probably noticed I love to read. I always have a few books on my nightstand and a very long “to be read” list.

I often get asked what books I recommend when it comes to living a balanced life, so I’m compiling some of my favorites for you today!

I love to read a wide variety of books and learn from a variety of different perspectives, and these books all have elements I enjoyed and really made me think…

  1. Atomic Habits by James Clear
    • A favorite of TBL team – all about building good habits and breaking bad ones.
  2. Set Boundaries, Find Peace by Nedra Glover Tawwab
    • I am really excited about this one and can’t wait to dive in! I’ve been following Nedra on Instagram and loving her posts.
  3. Essentialism by Greg McKeown
    • This one is more business related, but it’s so helpful for anyone. It helps you determine what is essential, what is not, and help you manage your time!
  4. The Telomere Effect by Elizabeth Blackburn and Elissa Epel
    • So many aspects of this one are similar to what we talk about – the importance of sleep, exercise, nutrition on your life and how stress and negative thoughts also play a role in a healthy, balanced life.
  5. The Little Book of Big Lies by Tina Lifford
    • Tina was a guest on The Balanced Life podcast and I love her insight into the importance of “inner fitness” – focusing on our mental health, thoughts patterns, and so much more.
  6. The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
    • A favorite parenting book all about nurturing your child’s developing mind.
  7. Metabolical by Robert H. Lustig
    • I’m currently reading Metabolical and so far it’s fascinating and extremely insightful. I’m really enjoying it.

Do you have any current favorites you are enjoying right now? I’d love for you to share in the comments!

xo,

Get 3 FREE Pilates workouts in your inbox now!

The post Favorite books to add to your reading list appeared first on The Balanced Life.



from The Balanced Life https://ift.tt/3gca3R4